Efficient LED light distribution solution

Update:26 Jan 2019
Summary:

LED light technology is roughly divided into two types: […]

LED light technology is roughly divided into two types: discrete and integrated. The discrete technology is used to manufacture lamps with a single light source of more than 1W. The integrated technology is used to manufacture lamps using integrated chips as light sources. At present, there are many enterprises adopting discrete technology. The reason is that most manufacturers think that the problem of heat dissipation and light distribution of discrete light sources is easier to solve, so that LED lamps can save energy and save money. However, this is not the case. LED lights with perfect heat dissipation and light distribution technology can indeed play a role of energy saving and money saving. However, regardless of the discrete type, the integrated lamps are faced with complicated heat dissipation and light distribution problems. The solution is not good: the heat can not be dissipated, and the light distribution loss is too much, which will result in poor lighting effect, energy saving effect is not obvious, and even dead lights The consequences of the LED light energy saving is not cheap, the technology is not enough.

Specifically, since the advent of semiconductor light sources, a bullet-type structure has been used. This package has a small current and a low amount of light. Nowadays, the current of high-power lighting level chips has reached several hundred milliamperes or even higher. Due to the low photoelectric conversion efficiency, most of the energy can only be radiated in the form of heat, and high temperature is the enemy of the chip. Continue to use the old method, without innovation, it is impossible to completely solve the problem of light efficiency and light decay of LED lamps.

The discrete light source lamp also has the following deficiencies in the light output: the light source plus peanut-type light distribution loss is about 15%, and the glass cover loses about 15%, and the total luminous amount after the lamp is lost is about 30%. The ultimate goal of the luminaire is to serve the people on the road. The key is to look at the application of the light. The quality of the light is judged by the light and the light is more important. It is only through the light distribution that the light effect of the whole lamp surface can be improved to determine how much energy is saved. Road surface light efficiency is an important indicator for the evaluation of LED lights. Although the relevant units have not yet issued relevant standards, any lights should be illuminated on the road surface. Under the premise of total power, the higher the total luminous flux, the better, and the more effective light is projected onto the road surface, the better. In the light distribution of lamps, it is unscientific to say how much lumen flux is reached by the nominal source. In particular, after a single light source is made into a light, about 15% of the light becomes glare and light pollution, which reduces the effective light on the entire lamp surface.

So how can we improve the light efficiency of the whole lamp? The design idea of ??the Green Age lamp is like this.

First, solve the problem from the light source package structure. For a chip with the same amount of illumination, the luminous flux in a single package is greater than the luminous flux in a COB package. But the first thing to consider when doing lights is the light effect of the whole lamp. COB package has the following advantages after light distribution: 1. The color temperature consistency is good; 2. Easy to distribute light; 3. Easy to achieve efficient light distribution; 4. Less glare and low light pollution; 5. Easy to do waterproof treatment.

Second, solve the problem from the perspective of light distribution. Unreasonable lighting design of lamps causes too much light loss, and the energy saving effect is greatly reduced. In the future lamps, COB is the future development direction, because under the same conditions, the road light efficiency utilization ratio of single light source is improved by 30. % or so. According to the current situation, 120W lamps have far exceeded the effective illumination of 250W high-pressure sodium lamps, which is more than 70% energy-saving than high-pressure sodium lamps.